Wednesday, April 26, 2006

"What we haaave heeeeeah.... is a faaailyure.... to communicate!"

ME: "9-1-1"

CALLER: "I need a 'bambulance' over here to carry my wife to the hospital."

ME: "Sir where are you?"

CALLER: (gives location)

ME: "What's a phone number where I can reach you if I need to call you back?"

CALLER: (gives phone number)

ME: "We're getting an ambulance headed that way now, I need to ask you a few questions, OK?

CALLER: "Yeah, OK."

ME: "Is your wife conscious?"

CALLER: "Huh?"

ME: "Is she conscious....is she awake?"

CALLER: "Yeah, she awake."

ME: "Is she breathing?"

CALLER: "Yeah, she breavin'."

ME: "Is she alert?"

CALLER: "Is she a what??"

ME: "Is your wife ALERT?

CALLER: "Man, I ain't never heard of no..."LERT"...she a African American."

ME: -- sigh--

4 comments:

PJ said...

You know, I was going to leave some clever, irrelevant comment here, but then I thought, "This guy knows what I go through every day, and he's describing just fine. What can I tell him except I'm here for him." I am, and I'm glad you are there for them. Great set of blogs big boy. Yeah, I just couldn't resist a smart-ass comment. Keep up the good work.

Tracy said...

Sitting here dumbfounded...... My first thought was you have got to be kidding! Then thought how in the world do you even deal with someone who does not even know what the word alert means????? My hat off to you!

CJ said...

Its sad, but..............ROFL!!!!

kevbayer said...

We spent last night at work on urbandictionary.com looking up words we hear everyday: trippin', clownin', fell out, etc.

Quite a hoot.