Friday, May 19, 2006

"9-1-1. Where is your damned emergency?"

"Uh, yeah.....uhhhh....I'm, uhhhhh (OK right here I'm already pissed) behind a uhhhhhhhh big truck. You know, like a uhhhhhh 18 wheeler?"

"mmm hmmm."

"It's uhhhh, a FedEx truck."

"mmm hmmm. "

"And uhhhhhh it's headed East on I-10 uhhhhh you know, right before the bridge? And it's got an expired tag."

"mmm hmmm......sir, what's wrong with this truck?"

"I just told you, it's got a expired tag."

"An expired tag."

"Yeah"

"Is it driving erratically or otherwise being unsafe?"

"Nope...but I uhhhhh did notice that his rear door is uhhhhhh being held down by a bungee cord."

"mmm hmmm. Sir, you dialed 9-1-1 to report an expired tag on a vehicle that's otherwise obeying the law?"

"Yeah. It's been out of date since December 2005, you know? I mean, uhhhhhh, it's FedEx, man. They can afford a tag, you know?"

"mmm hmmm.....stay on the line for the Florida Highway Patrol."



God, I love my job. If there were no stupid people, there would be no smart people, we'd all be exactly the same. It's all relative. Believe it or not, we need these dumbasses.



5 comments:

PJ said...

God, I had 25 calls just like that yesterday and today. I feel burnout coming on.

Anonymous said...

Job security, I say, job security.

PJ said...

True, Pete. As long as you can survive the frustration.

Tracy said...

Smacking my forhead! How in the world do you guys deal with this total nonsense day in and day out! Applauds you all for putting up with Idiots~!

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. http://www.thyroid-cancer-0.info/Cameras_digital_reviews.html australias best selling digital cameras Severe locking bondage devices Sodium chloride acne http://www.retractable-awnings-8.info/canoneos1ddigitalcamera.html Diet wbr pill paxil website design dreamweaver tutorials Direction for sony handycam Online digital photo print computer security system xenical reviews