Monday, July 17, 2006

I have your address. If you lie to me again, I'm going to come to your house and kill you.

It never fails. You're busy! The 9-1-1 fairy is giftwrapping your ass, one emergency call after another! Emergency lines are lit up like a freaking Christmas tree. When here comes Mr. Smith from 123 Elm St. You pick up and say..."9-1-1, how the hell can I exceed your expectations?" (Just kidding) To which you are greeted with..."click" They should pay me a nickel every time I have to hear this. If they did, I'd be stinking rich. So, in the midst of your whirlwind of ligitimate emergency calls, you have to stop what the hell your doing and call the idiot, Mr. Smith, back. (I don't know why. It's policy.)

ring....ring....ring....ring...(damn, pick up the phone already!) ring...ring...."Uhhh...hello?"

Good afternoon, sir. This is the 9-1-1 center. Someone dialed 9-1-1 from that residence and hung up. Is there an emergency?

"Uhhhh...I didn't dial 9-1-1!"

Sir, someone dialed 9-1-1 from there. (Yeah right, uh huh, I just make random check calls to unwary citizens 'cause I got nothing else to do.)

"Uhhh...NO....not from here!" (Don't you love how Mr. Smith precedes everything with "uhhh"? You know right away you're dealing with NASA's finest rocket scientist!)

Is there someone else there who could have done it? (I know you did it!)

"Uhhh....no, I'm the only one here."

Were you just using the phone, sir? (Don't lie to me again, asshole.)

"Yeah, but I dailed 9-4-4, not 9-1-1." (OK, Einstein, look at your phone pad. The 4 is right next to the 1 isn't it? Yeah, it is! Couldn't be your fat fingers now could it?)

And did you happen to reach the 9-4-4 number that you dialed?" (Come on...lie again.)

"uhhh...no." (Holy shit! He tells the truth!)

This happens about a hundred times a day, sir. People accidently hit the 1 instead of the 4. It's a common mistake. We just ask that you stay on the line with us and let us know everything's OK, otherwise we have to call back to make sure. (We could've concluded this conversation by now, but NOOOOO you gotta draaaaaag it out by lying to me!)

"Yeah, OK. I'm sorry about that."

No problem, sir. You have a good day. (Now I'm lying. It IS a problem! And I hope you have a TERRIBLE day! You lie when you think you're in trouble and you come clean when you find out you're not in trouble...you're like a child!)


I hate IT (the situation) when people hang up on me. I hate PEOPLE (the ones who do the hanging up) when they LIE TO ME.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

OMG, I said that on my blog too: "911 does not make random house calls" I just want to throttle them through the phone and tell them to go back to licking windows and leave me the frick alone!

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to start using the "911 does not make random house calls" line. I think it's great.

Usually if I get an idiot that keeps lying to me, insisting no one called, I send police to his house. They always like that. Two cars, lights and sirens, to wake up the neighborhood and make the neighbors gossip.

HotRodHanna said...

I love reading ur blog. I wish we had a way to send a small electrical shock through the phone line each time they pull that crap with us.

Tracy said...

LOL I am sorry to laugh, but it was funny

Your blog is always a joy to read. I love your honesty.

PJ said...

Come on ,man. We all know you're not that courteous with assholes like that. Fess up!!!

Anonymous said...

HA HA YOU ARE HILARIOUS!

Anonymous said...

pj you are so right!! lmao at that...we all are not courteous all the time and there are days we are nice...but sometimes when all you have answered are hang ups and your on your 50th call back, you just wanna scream obscenities at them..i do...i just remember to hang up the phone..sometimes

Anonymous said...

What a great site mdr-v600 headphone Seo search engine ranking intimolingerie.blogspot.com Porsche petes Yasmin le bon nude mature massage ladies england Vw jetta 3 body kit center headset europe map travel Ac tv order diazepam